CEDA aims to support all members of our user community accessing and using its archives and services. Some of this support is covered by the JASMIN support team who are responsible for JASMIN system administration and "tenancy" administration. The CEDA team additionally provides support for all CEDA's services and archives.
CEDA and JASMIN services are supported on a best-efforts basis. Support will be provided during normal working hours, defined as between 0900 and 1700 on Monday to Thursday and between 0900 and 1630 on Friday, excluding Public Holidays and STFC Privilege Days. Note that times are given in UK time.
Help Documentation and User Support
CEDA are constantly seeking to improve our user support ahead of any issues, but sometimes things don't always go to plan. To help users as much as possible we have the following resources available:
- CEDA help documentation site: help.ceda.ac.uk - covers all aspects of data services and archive
- If you think a service is broken or having issues you can view its uptime on the status page. This should give you a clue about whether your problem is specific to you or if there is a more general problem with a service being down.
- Help Beacons - these appear at the bottom right of CEDA services and allow you to search our help documentation or get in touch quickly and easily. They also have a handy list of the most relevant help pages listed for you.
- Dataset documentation and news - each dataset is covered by a Dataset record in CEDA's data catalogue. On there you'll find links to documentation (under the "docs" tab), background information (e.g. data quality information) and news items specifically about the data in question (e.g. news of issues, updates, other superseding datasets)
- Dedicated staffed help desk. If you still can't find the information you need via the methods detailed above, you can contact us at email@example.com
News and Social Media
This is where you may find news items detailing new datasets/service, upcoming scheduled work or known live service issues. The latest CEDA news headlines are on a banner at the top of the CEDA home page, but all past news items are available here. We also provide RSS feed and Atom feeds.
Follow us on Twitter for updates and news.
The CEDA and JASMIN teams together undertake to:
- Attempt to provide an initial response to all support queries within one working day.
- When responding to support queries, the CEDA Team will take reasonable steps to ensure that the information we provide is accurate and useful, but we can't guarantee this. You are responsible for your use of any advice or information we may give you.
- Be proactive in communicating important service updates and issues to users via the CEDA news channels and JASMIN mailing lists. Advance warning of known service interruptions will be made where possible.
- Users are encouraged to sign up to these services to remain abreast of these news announcements.
- Maintain online help documentation to aid users to find answers to common queries ahead of contacting the CEDA support desk for further assistance.
- Online documentation is a “best efforts” activity. Users are encouraged to provide positive suggestions which will improve documentation.
For further specific information on JASMIN support please see the JASMIN Support page.
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org (preferred)
Phone number: +44 (0)1235 446432 (Note: this phone number is not fully supported. Emailing the helpdesk is the preferred and most reliable method for contacting the team)